Week 8 Progress

Motivate
So far into the semester, I am thrilled with how this class is going. It keeps me on a strict routine and has actually influenced the routine of my other classes. I am proud of the progress I have made in my writing and in the formation of my portfolio and blog site. 

When I did the first week's assignments I was nervous that this class had so many deadlines and little components, like blog comments, that I was sure something would fall through the cracks. However, I have not missed a deadline. Not only am I proud of my dedication to the course, but I also have enjoyed creating a level of communication with Professor Gibbs as I truly respect and value her advise on revisions and my storytelling. 

I have taken two writing courses each semester since I began college three years ago, but this class has had the largest impact on my written voice as it allows and encourages me to add detail and dialogue. Most of my other classes have a clear point, but in this class, the purpose is to get creative, then reel it back in with revisions, so that is something I truly enjoy. 

As I am pushed and challenged in my writing, I have also appreciated the opportunity to explore and review my peers work. Seeing what others in my class are doing has inspired me to push myself and to engage with a text. While I grow in my writing, I look forward to working on dialogue, because I find myself using pretty bland dialogue that does not excel the story much further. So, working on that dimension of my writing is sure to be a focus of mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impersonally Personal Introduction

Week 3 Story: Venus' Vanity