Week 10 Story Lab: Adding Depth

Cheat Sheets for Writing Body Language



For this week's story lab I chose to focus on a trend I noticed within my writing. I need to start providing the audience with a deeper sense of the stories tone. For example, I need to deepen my narration surrounding characters emotional involvement in a story, which can be done by explaining something such as body language. 

Originally, I wanted to find an article that focused on how to write dialogue, but the article I chose dealt with writing body language. The reason I chose this article is that it provides a new perspective on characters and what is going on beyond the words presented. The article listed expressions typically exchanged in conversation followed by ways to verbally express those emotions, such as being awestruck or expressing grief with body language. 

This article will be beyond helpful as I continue to correct my portfolio stories, I felt that there has been emotional connection and expression missing in my stories which can make the audience confused on the true intentions of the stories momentum. 




Patterson, Amanda. “Cheat Sheets For Writing Body Language.” Writers Write, 21 Sept. 2018, writerswrite.co.za/cheat-sheets-for-        writing-body-language/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impersonally Personal Introduction

Week 3 Story: Venus' Vanity