Week 4 Reading Notes: Noah and the Ark (Part A)

Noah's Ark
As I begin my week 4 reading notes, my goal is to shorten my thoughts. Throughout the first few weeks, I seem to have made things more difficult for myself as I was describing the stories too in-depth. For this reason, I chose to read Noah's Ark because it is a tale familiar with most everyone as it was often told in our elementary school. 

Now, I hadn't read Noah's Ark in its entirety prior to this post due to always of hearing the tale be told, however reading the story in its descriptive structure was far more illustrative.
  •  I did not know that Noah lived to be so old and that the GOD planning his vengeance on man happened so quickly in the story considering its length
  • I love the descriptions both god and Noah use to describe the boat and the plan  
  • Two by Two is an infamous description that went far beyond the story of the ark 
  • I would have enjoyed hearing how the boat was made before the journey on it
  • The setting does not change, as it shouldn't 
  • Hearing that every living thing was destroyed is quite nerve-racking 
    • A natural disaster could happen due to rising global temperatures
    • it would be interesting to modernize this tale for our society 
  • Interesting how the mountain tops couldn't be seen until the tenth month 
  • Everyone talks about 40 days 40 nights but it goes on for quite a while 
    • God told Noah to let everything out of the Ark to go and multiply 
      • yet all other humans are dead so any more humans will be the product of cousin incest 
  • I enjoyed when God said he will never destroy humans with a flood again 
  • Interesting that Noah went on to have a vineyard 
  • I did not understand what Canaan did to drunk Noah 
  • Although Noah passed the story goes on into his son's families 
    • Explains who is whose son
    • They build a city then god was pleased but they spoke the same language 
      • God then spread them out so they could become diverse 
  • The story goes back to the birth of Noah 
    • was described as the son of angels 
  • In the beginning, I mentioned that I wish the story gave a backstory for the flood but now its telling why 
    • The world sounds horribly confused and lost 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impersonally Personal Introduction

Week 3 Story: Venus' Vanity