Week 8 Comments and Feedback




Honestly, I find the most effective feedback comes from the teacher. I know that may not put too much trust in my peers, but still think that the teacher has the strongest understanding of an assignments objective, thus offering invaluable feedback geared towards the overall objective.

There have been a few comments that have proved to be quite helpful, as they typically point out structural issues that I have overlooked upon first publishing. That being said, in addition to structural comments, I have found the most helpful to be those that question the stories origin. Comments like these offer an insight into the audience's opinion of the story and point out if it left them feeling confused or if they understood the general takeaways. Nonetheless, I still feel that many of the comments on my posts are placeholders for people just finished the comment assignments on their end. Meaning, I do not fully trust some comments as they seem to be added hastily in order to fulfill another assignment.

In addition, at first I felt the feedback on my portfolio to be quite confusing, but as a few more rounds of feedback were provided I began to grasp how to effectively make changes.

As for giving feedback, I find it hard sometimes but I try to focus on the main aspects of the story that I noticed needed fixing. In other words, I keep my comments broad, which is something I would like to change. By reading through comments left on my own posts, I have started to get a better understanding of how to give the best feedback. So, much like everything else, practice is the only thing that could help me. I look forward to growing in my ability in becoming more self-aware in my own writing, but also in recognizing areas of improvement in others writing.

A true favorite of mine is doing the blog comments. More specifically, I enjoy reading someone's story to then read their introduction post. This offers a unique perspective into that person's life and writing tone. As I read their story and then their intro, I am able to create a somewhat accurate portrayal of that person based on their written voice and self-awareness.

An image that I felt embodied important aspects of feedback can be found below. This image offers a quiet reminder of how to make feedback most effective, and also confirms how I feel about student comments being inaccurate sometimes.


Feedback


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impersonally Personal Introduction

Week 3 Story: Venus' Vanity